193rd GIR Realism Unit | Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Travel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
F. Lindsey [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

F. Lindsey [5th RB]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Travel   Travel EmptyThu Jan 07 2016, 18:33

I want to travel around in the upcoming years. Some of the places I want to travel for sure is Germany, France, and the UK. But I'm interested in seeing as many cultures and the history of different countries. My little brother wants us to learn to play some music so we can play where we travel. I will be learning the Baritone Sax as soon as I can afford one and he will be learning to play the Trumpet. So I wanted to start this thread to discuss places you have traveled and where you want to go.

Places I want to go: Germany, France, the UK, Italy, Egypt, and Norway. I feel the histories of these nations are something I'm really interested in.

Places I've been:(Mostly Military Related haha) Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Cambodia, Singapore and Mexico.

Go ahead, ask me how a place was or why I chose some of the places I chose (Hint: Historically what do these countries have in common)
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]
Private First Class, E-6.

Esek [5th RB]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyThu Jan 07 2016, 18:39

What do you find interesting about Norway? My cousin lives up there.
Back to top Go down
F. Lindsey [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

F. Lindsey [5th RB]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyThu Jan 07 2016, 19:17

Esek [5th RB] wrote:
What do you find interesting about Norway? My cousin lives up there.

During World War II the amount of resistance from the average citizen was awesome, Hearing stories of men and women in Norway smuggling people out of Norway leading them to Sweden or the UK. The amount of newsletters and leaflets printed were amazing too. Plus the history between Norway and the United Kingdom I followed a little bit and would like to learn more.
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]
Private First Class, E-6.

Esek [5th RB]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyThu Jan 07 2016, 20:22

Yeah, I think I've heard something about Norway citizen being very resistant during WW2. I see Egypt on your list too, I really like the history of the country and the region. How about you?
Back to top Go down
F. Lindsey [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

F. Lindsey [5th RB]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyThu Jan 07 2016, 20:42

Egypt has been a HOT bed of history, from Ancient times to even today with the Arab Spring. No matter where I look there, I'm bound to see something that will be exciting to me haha!
Back to top Go down
Payne [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Payne [193rd RET]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyFri Jan 15 2016, 23:06

I would also like to visit all of the countries you listed above.  It's almost impossible to take a step in those countries without being immersed in rich history.  There are layers upon layers of history in those countries.
Back to top Go down
Lippa [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Lippa [193rd RET]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptySat Jan 20 2018, 14:01

Places ive visited out of country, Canada (niagra falls with the folks one of the nearby forts aswell)
ive also been to Costa rica, on mission trips with my church.

Places id like to visit, Normandy France for obvious reasons. and id also like to visit New Zealand, because its home to all things middle earth.
Back to top Go down
Cairntrodlie [193rd GIR]
Staff Sergeant, E-3.

Cairntrodlie [193rd GIR]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptySat Jan 20 2018, 14:51

I've been incredibly lucky when it comes to traveling around the world in my life, and the British Army has played a huge part when it comes to traveling to different countries. Of course there many more places I'd like to visit yet.

Travel with the British Army:
Afghanistan (Deployment)
Iraq (Deployment)
Africa (Deployment)
Falkland Islands (Deployment)
Belize (Training)
Germany (Training)

Personal holidays:
Faeroe Islands
Iceland
Norway
Sweden
Denmark
Portugal
Spain
Italy (Including Vatican City)
Egypt

Places I'd like to visit:
United States
Kirchert's Moonbase
Back to top Go down
Africa [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Africa [193rd RET]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptySat Jan 20 2018, 16:02

Places I've been

Germany
The UK
Switzerland
France
Italy
Croatia
Serbia
Greece
Northern Cyprus
Florida and New York, USA
Vancouver, Victoria, Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa, Canada

Places I'd like to visit

Norway
The Netherlands
Sweden
Denmark
Finland
Iceland
Seattle, USA
(basically anywhere cold as I cant handle the heat)

I'm really interested in the Nordic culture and all the natural beauties that Scandinavia has to offer. So sometime I'd like to backpack across northern Europe when I'm a little bit more comfortable with school and work.
Back to top Go down
Kirch [193rd GIR]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

Kirch [193rd GIR]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptySat Jan 20 2018, 18:44

Quote :
Cairntrodlie wrote:
Kirchert's Moonbase

I'll have to smuggle ya aboard on the next supply shipment.

Deal, I'll order the next whisky supply.
Back to top Go down
Cairntrodlie [193rd GIR]
Staff Sergeant, E-3.

Cairntrodlie [193rd GIR]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptySat Jul 14 2018, 12:00

Just booked my flights for a holiday to the Netherlands with the family!
Back to top Go down
Tadlock [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Tadlock [193rd RET]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptySat Jul 14 2018, 23:50

I just want to go to Germany and any other place my ancestors came from
Back to top Go down
Jewell [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Jewell [193rd RET]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Travel   Travel EmptySun Jul 15 2018, 14:59

I was actually raised in Japan, on a military base. I've been to Mexico, and the Dominican Republic for a community service trip. I'm hoping to travel overseas and see Normandy, and revisit Japan. It would be nice to see Jerusalem in person, as well.
Back to top Go down
Winters [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Winters [193rd RET]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptySun Jul 22 2018, 17:11

I would ike to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg. I am quite fond of Berlin and Dubai as well.
Back to top Go down
Sekulich [193rd Ret]
Honorably Discharged.

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Jul 23 2018, 08:51

I’ve been to a good number of the states. I’d like to travel to the rest of them, but I’ll be sticking to the northern part of California when I get out that way (I have friends in the very northernmost part of California) and away from big cities in some of the other states (I don’t care for big cities in general). My favorite state, by far, is Alaska, and I’d love to go back and spend some time fishing and hunting up there. I’ve also been to Canada. Spent a lot of time in southwestern Ontario. All over really from Lake Huron to Hamilton. I really enjoyed my time there, and met some really awesome people. So, I’ve been to every state east of the Mississippi except the New England states, as well as Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Minnesota, and Alaska. I was supposed to go to Haiti on a missions trip when I was in high school, but the mission we were going to visit was overrun about a month before we were supposed to leave. I’d like to travel to some of the historically significant sites in Europe (at least the ones pertaining to WWII), but every time I start to think about going, some crazy person drives a truck through a crowd or something. I’d probably be more keen on globetrotting had I not grown up moving all over tarnation. When I was really young, my dad was in the military, and later in my childhood we moved a good bit because of my dad’s line of work. I’m up to 24 or 25 moves. At this point, going somewhere and settling down is fare more appealing to me that traveling across the globe.
Back to top Go down
Moxley [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Moxley [193rd RET]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyThu Jul 26 2018, 20:38

i wanna go everywhere man the world is a cool place
Back to top Go down
Pham [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Pham [193rd RET]

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel EmptyMon Jul 30 2018, 17:54

How was Munich? Vist any war Memorials?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Travel   Travel Empty

Back to top Go down

Travel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
193rd GIR Realism Unit | Forums :: Archive Section :: 193rd GIR Archive :: General Discussion-
Jump to: