193rd GIR Realism Unit | Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shortback [193rd GIR]
Generally Discharged.

Shortback [193rd GIR]

What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) Empty
PostSubject: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyTue May 08 2018, 13:52

I personally love WWI and how the whole idea of planes being just for scouting became more aerial fighting, bombing, etc. Especially with Manfred von Richthofen's red Albatros and his 80 aerial victories, along with Mick Mannock the RFC ace with 73 victories, even though it's believed that there's more because he used to mentor other people in his squadron by severely damaging enemy planes and then letting his students finish them off. What's your favorite history topic/subject/time period/era other than the second World War?
Back to top Go down
Tadlock [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Tadlock [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyTue May 08 2018, 18:06

I enjoy learnin about all wars the U.S has been in or other wars that I come across that are interesting haha.
But I really enjoy The U.S. Civil War and proving people wrong about it haha

It Was Not About Slavery
Maybe just a little haha
Back to top Go down
Kirch [193rd GIR]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

Kirch [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyTue May 08 2018, 23:59

I've been pretty interested in guerrilla warfare for a while now, and some of the most famous examples of it come out of the cold war era of anti-colonial wars for liberation. Mostly I focus on the central-south African and Southeast Asia areas during 1880s-1980s, but South America had an intense history of this type of thing as well in a more generic East-West proxy war way. Many of which had effects that last to this day.
Back to top Go down
Sekulich [193rd Ret]
Honorably Discharged.

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyWed May 09 2018, 00:12

I really love the revolutionary war and civil war. WWI is amazing though. The scale of the war was just insane, and most of the weapons and tactics were brand new to warfare. This isn’t the first time I’ve said this, and this won’t be the last...do yourself a favor and listen to Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History: Blueprint for Armageddon. It’s a 5 part podcast that takes an unreasonably in-depth look at WWI starting with the political climate in Europe in the years preceding the war. Really great series.
Back to top Go down
Shortback [193rd GIR]
Generally Discharged.

Shortback [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyWed May 09 2018, 13:40

I agree with all of you, but I'd had to agree with Corporal Kirch. Guerrilla warfare's a very interesting topic. Viet Cong and their tactics, the resistance against the Nazi's in occupied areas, and so on are quite interested.
Back to top Go down
Moxley [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Moxley [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyThu May 10 2018, 21:07

i love to learn about medieval times and the Renaissance era
Back to top Go down
Lippa [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Lippa [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyMon May 14 2018, 17:19

i have a hard time determining my most interest in military history, it all really depends on what i am playing or watching, or visiting, cause really it all kind of fascinates, me i love musket warfare, i love Vietnam, and i love modern warfare (mainly the 80's/ 90's when soldiery skills were more prevalent over technology) nothing beats a soldier and a compass... the hell with GPS's
Back to top Go down
Atienza [193rd GIR]
Private First Class, E-6.

Atienza [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyTue May 15 2018, 19:50

I've got to say, I think the Vietnam War Era has to be one of my favorites. I just love the combination of new tech with "older" style tactics. I'm also a huge sucker for Jungle Boots and Huey's.
Back to top Go down
Lippa [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Lippa [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyTue May 15 2018, 20:04

lol thats kind of how i feel about the vietnam war aswell, hey do you play rising strom 2 vietnam?
Back to top Go down
Atienza [193rd GIR]

Atienza [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyTue May 15 2018, 22:00

Lippa [193rd GIR] wrote:
lol thats kind of how i feel about the vietnam war aswell, hey do you play rising strom 2 vietnam?

Yeah, I play it, but not as much as I used to.
Back to top Go down
Lippa [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Lippa [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptyWed May 16 2018, 17:01

yeah thats kind of the same for me, although we got a few guys in our ranks that play it together from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Laurenzo [193rd GIR]

Laurenzo [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) EmptySat May 26 2018, 18:41

Revolutionary War, Civil War, WW1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)   What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII) Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite History Eras/Subjects? (Other than WWII)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1