193rd GIR Realism Unit | Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book do you all read!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Esek [5th RB]
Private First Class, E-6.

Esek [5th RB]

What book do you all read! Empty
PostSubject: What book did you read recently? (NO spoilers, please!)   What book do you all read! EmptySun Jan 03 2016, 13:17

I got into Blizzard's Diablo universe, so I bought several books and started reading them in a chronological order. The first three by Richard A. Knaak, The Sin War: Birthright, The Sin War: Scales of a Serpent, The Sin War: The Veiled Prophet were such a pain. At least for me. I don't like this author and his style of writing.
The next book in order was Demonbane by Robert B. Marks, which is a short story, was better.
Back to top Go down
Payne [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Payne [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptySun Jan 03 2016, 13:49

I haven't been able to do much pleasure reading lately with my stack of school textbooks weighing me down. The most recent book I read was a book on Curriculum and Instruction. Trust me, there's nothing to spoil. Haha

Once I find some time though, I would like to re-read the Shannara series and the Lord of the Rings. I enjoy reading fantasy genre. Also looking to read some of C.S. Lewis. I tend to wander to the fantasy and history isles of the book stores.
Back to top Go down
Sinclair [193rd GIR]
Generally Discharged.

Sinclair [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyFri Jan 29 2016, 21:26

might sound like an old guy but i do enjoy reading so lets see what all stimulates others minds.

Personally im addicted to Stephen King books and Andy Mcnab who is an ex SAS soilder also got the Game of Thrones collection alot of starwars and few true crimes book based on real events.

lets hear all yours.
Back to top Go down
Miles [5th App]

Miles [5th App]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptySat Jan 30 2016, 13:19

I liked reading a book called, The Habbit
Back to top Go down
White [5th RB]
Honorably Discharged.

White [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptySat Jan 30 2016, 13:30

CCNA - Routing and Switching

Studying for my Cisco Certified Network Associate certification.
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptySat Jan 30 2016, 19:13

White [5th RB] wrote:
CCNA - Routing and Switching

Studying for my Cisco Certified Network Associate certification.

Great stuff White and a great certificate. Highly recommended, I wanna say a "must have" certificate for nowadays IT professional.
Back to top Go down
Doherty [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

Doherty [5th RB]

PostSubject: Im writing a book, entitled "Lovers"   What book do you all read! EmptyWed Apr 13 2016, 21:09

Back to top Go down
Gedman [5th RB]
Corporal, E-5.

Gedman [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyWed Apr 13 2016, 22:26

I've wanted to start reading "The Remaining" but i need the first 2 books, i have the last 4.
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyThu Apr 14 2016, 07:57

Viktor Frankl: Man's Search for Ultimate Meaning
Back to top Go down
R. Hoffman [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

R. Hoffman [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptySun Apr 17 2016, 22:03

I'm big into history or cyberpunk. I just finished American Sniper a few months back. I am in the middle of Odyssey (HOMER). And I'll pick up Catch-22 after, then probably Slaughterhouse-Five.
Back to top Go down
Kirch [193rd GIR]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

Kirch [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptySun Apr 17 2016, 22:19

Currently reading Three Engines, Half A Wing, and a Prayer. Pretty good book about B-17s over Europe. Though, I may be biased because the book features my great uncle...

Recently finished With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa by Eugene Sledge, a real visceral account of two of the bloodiest battles in the Pacific Theater of WW2. Served as heavy inspiration for the TV series The Pacific.

Also, if anyone here is interested in the Vietnam War I highly recommend both Dispatches and The Things They Carried. Two of my favorite books. I've read both of them several times.
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptySun Feb 19 2017, 19:43

Just finished The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus by Lee Strobel. Very good and interesting reading. Probably because I love history and archaeology lol.
Currently I'm reading Total Recall: My Unbelievably True Life Story by Arnold Schwarzenegger. I consider his career the greatest ever. Unbelievable where he came from and what he has achieved.
Back to top Go down
Pham [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Pham [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyMon Feb 20 2017, 14:33

Recommend reading "Panzer Warfare On the eastern Front" By Hans Schaufler!
Back to top Go down
Thornton [193rd GIR]
Technical Sergeant, E-2.

Thornton [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyMon Feb 20 2017, 14:49

Currently reading all the DnD handbooks, then I'm heading into "Normans in England".
Back to top Go down
Laurenzo [193rd GIR]

Laurenzo [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyMon Feb 20 2017, 17:43

Percy Jackson.
Back to top Go down
Payne [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Payne [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyMon Feb 20 2017, 20:37

Currently reading Bill Oreilly's Killing the Rising Sun.
Back to top Go down
Gedman [5th RB]
Corporal, E-5.

Gedman [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyMon Feb 20 2017, 21:13

I've been reading The Remaining, its pretty good so far, only 10 pages into it
Back to top Go down
Preston [5th Ret]
Honorably Discharged.

Preston [5th Ret]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyTue Feb 21 2017, 13:38

Stephen King is one of my favorite authors of all time - for any of you that haven't I recommend you check out his magnum opus, The Stand.

I'm currently reading Babylon's Ashes by James S.A. Corey of the Expanse series. I can't recommend it enough. Also currently reading Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle.

I would also recommend any of Neil Gaiman's books.
Back to top Go down
Silva [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Silva [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 20:48

Maus, not really a book but well...
Back to top Go down
LeBeau [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

LeBeau [5th RB]

PostSubject: Subject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! EmptyMon Feb 27 2017, 15:14

Stephen King is also one of my favorite writers.. Although his political views bother me.
all the same I would recommend

11-22-63
Lises Story
The Regulators

Dark Tower Series is great. on book IV now

Other then that the only thing I read is probably Glenn Beck..

let me explain Glenn....

As a author his interpretation of our constitution and federal laws are spot on..
His book "Arguing With Idiots" is a must read for any young person wanting to fully
understand our written laws..

As a person he's useless.. A hypocrite to say the least..

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book do you all read!   What book do you all read! Empty

Back to top Go down

What book do you all read!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
193rd GIR Realism Unit | Forums :: Archive Section :: 193rd GIR Archive :: General Discussion-
Jump to: