193rd GIR Realism Unit | Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AAS in Post Scriptum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How do you feel about the addition of the AAS game mode to PS?
Love it!
AAS in Post Scriptum I_vote_lcap0%AAS in Post Scriptum I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't hate it...
AAS in Post Scriptum I_vote_lcap50%AAS in Post Scriptum I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
It's not great...
AAS in Post Scriptum I_vote_lcap50%AAS in Post Scriptum I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Worst. Idea. Ever.
AAS in Post Scriptum I_vote_lcap0%AAS in Post Scriptum I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Sekulich [193rd Ret]
Honorably Discharged.

AAS in Post Scriptum Empty
PostSubject: AAS in Post Scriptum   AAS in Post Scriptum EmptyWed Dec 05 2018, 08:51

Personally, I think it does too much to speed up a game that was meant to be slow and strategic. Where do y'all stand?
Back to top Go down
Kirch [193rd GIR]
Second Lieutenant, O-1.

Kirch [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: AAS in Post Scriptum   AAS in Post Scriptum EmptyWed Dec 05 2018, 14:10

I prefer AAS actually, I think it gives more reason to play logi and set up FOBs (You can actually build FOBs on both teams huzzah!) and maybe the biggest thing is that in AAS if your squads aren't talking to eachother you're fucked. Coordinating which squads are attacking the next point and defending the current one, setting up "leap frog" maneuvers to take subsequent objectives etc. is just more interesting to me especially as squad lead, when in the other game mode everyone can just file into the one or two points and not really need to communicate at all to secure victory. I really like the ability to counter attack the enemy and re take objectives after you've busted up their assault.

However, I will contend that with low population count and/or with a "bad" group of pubber SLs AAS can be a miserable hellscape programmed into your computer, with things like the lack of a logi squad to build FOBs and the lack of MSPs becoming maddening after about the 5th time you've had to drive (or walk, if some asshole has just been using the transport vehicles as a one taxi) from main after a death.
Back to top Go down
Sekulich [193rd Ret]
Honorably Discharged.

PostSubject: Re: AAS in Post Scriptum   AAS in Post Scriptum EmptyThu Dec 06 2018, 02:50

Kirch [193rd GIR] wrote:
I prefer AAS actually, I think it gives more reason to play logi and set up FOBs (You can actually build FOBs on both teams huzzah!) and maybe the biggest thing is that in AAS if your squads aren't talking to eachother you're fucked. Coordinating which squads are attacking the next point and defending the current one, setting up "leap frog" maneuvers to take subsequent objectives etc. is just more interesting to me especially as squad lead, when in the other game mode everyone can just file into the one or two points and not really need to communicate at all to secure victory. I really like the ability to counter attack the enemy and re take objectives after you've busted up their assault.

However, I will contend that with low population count and/or with a "bad" group of pubber SLs AAS can be a miserable hellscape programmed into your computer, with things like the lack of a logi squad to build FOBs and the lack of MSPs becoming maddening after about the 5th time you've had to drive (or walk, if some asshole has just been using the transport vehicles as a one taxi) from main after a death.

Those are some fair points. I just get annoyed when I go to the first or second point from my team's spawn on the map and the other team comes rolling in with armor and holds you there so that you can't effectively contest the enemy's advance and the game is over in 30 minutes or less.
Back to top Go down
Funk

Funk

PostSubject: AAS in Post Scriptum   AAS in Post Scriptum EmptyFri Dec 21 2018, 12:07

A slow, careful pace is more coducive to a sucessful outcome.
Good Comms identifying the objective w/fire and maneuver elements tasked make for a more immersive experience.
Standing-by
Funk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AAS in Post Scriptum   AAS in Post Scriptum Empty

Back to top Go down

AAS in Post Scriptum
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1