193rd GIR Realism Unit | Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Esek [5th RB]
Private First Class, E-6.

Esek [5th RB]

What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) Empty
PostSubject: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySun Jan 03 2016, 13:13

I just watched The Martian last night. I gotta say, that I liked the book a thousand times better. Overall, it was a good movie, decent acting so I recommend it.
6/10
Back to top Go down
Payne [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Payne [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySun Jan 03 2016, 14:02

My wife and I just recently watched Spectre in the theater. I'd recommend it if you're into the James Bond movies.

Currently watching Saving Private Ryan on Spike. It's on again tonight at 1800. Ranger Lead the Way!

Looking forward to seeing Revenant. Looks good!
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySun Jan 03 2016, 14:11

I have seen The Revenant a week and a half ago and I have to say that it is a masterpiece. The acting, the cinematography is outstanding. Especially Tom Hardy's performance. He will get a Oscar statue for this, I'm pretty sure. DiCaprio as well.
Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Gibbs [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

Gibbs [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyWed Jan 27 2016, 17:29

My girlfriend and I have be enjoying the Netflix series, Fringe. Never have a seen a show where every episode is eye catching and a thrill to watch.
Back to top Go down
White [5th RB]
Honorably Discharged.

White [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyWed Jan 27 2016, 20:21

The Prince and Me.....lmao, jk.

Solace, featuring Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell. Thriller and Suspense.
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyWed Jan 27 2016, 20:23

Fargo the tv show.
Finished 1st season, now I'm in a middle of 2nd.
Best show. Period.
Back to top Go down
Cairntrodlie [193rd GIR]
Staff Sergeant, E-3.

Cairntrodlie [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyWed Jan 27 2016, 20:57

I watched The Hateful 8 the other day. Another good, funny Tarantino film. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyWed Jan 27 2016, 21:18

Humphreys [5th RB] wrote:
I watched The Hateful 8 the other day. Another good, funny Tarantino film. 8/10.

The Hateful Eight was awesome, another Tarantino classic!
Back to top Go down
Sinclair [193rd GIR]
Generally Discharged.

Sinclair [193rd GIR]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyFri Jan 29 2016, 21:28

i just watched the new 007 movie 10/10
Back to top Go down
Miles [5th App]

Miles [5th App]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySat Jan 30 2016, 13:16

I watched the new Star wars movie with my big brother my little brother my little sister my grandma grandpa
Back to top Go down
D. Hoffman [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

D. Hoffman [5th RB]

PostSubject: Recent movies watched   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySun Feb 07 2016, 19:14

I am on so many different levels of movie watching lately:

Comic Book:

The Watchmen (The motion comic not the movie, look it up on youtube)

Batman: Son of Batman, Gotham Knight, Under the Red Hood, Batman vs Robin, Year One, The Dark knight Returns (these are in no way in order) and I can't wait for Bad Blood

1980's Scifi:

Galaxy of Terror - Robert England's first notable role which lead to Nightmare On Elm St series and production sets were orchestrated by James Cameron so aside from weird story you'd think it was one of his movies, it also has Joannie from happy days this is a MUST SEE CULT FLICK

Mutant (FORBIDDEN WORLD) Another cult classic not as gruesome and creepy but a must see Alien-esque movie that reminded me a little bit of the original Battlestar Galactica

Honestly I watch too many movies but my favorite recent movie is Interstellar, I cried like a girl just cuz it was that deep haha
Back to top Go down
Deadeye

Deadeye

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySat Mar 12 2016, 09:16

I watched The Revenant last night, excellent movie!
Back to top Go down
Payne [193rd RET]
Honorably Discharged.

Payne [193rd RET]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySat Mar 12 2016, 09:43

Yeah the Revenant was real good. Def a manly movie. Haha
Back to top Go down
Gibbs [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

Gibbs [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySat Mar 12 2016, 18:19

Saw the new Deadpool movie in theaters last night. Just about laughed my ass of the entire time time haha!
Back to top Go down
Gibbs [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

Gibbs [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyMon Mar 21 2016, 08:51

Just bought 3D tickets for batman vs. superman for Friday the 25th.
What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) D7XZU2V
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyTue Mar 22 2016, 09:13

I love Batman and Superman, and I really like Henry Cavill. The problem is Ben Affleck. Just can't stand that stupid face. So, I will refuse to watch this movie, despite the fact that I'm a huge DC comics fan.
Back to top Go down
R. Hoffman [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

R. Hoffman [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptyThu Mar 31 2016, 23:33

Esek [5th RB] wrote:
I love Batman and Superman, and I really like Henry Cavill. The problem is Ben Affleck. Just can't stand that stupid face. So, I will refuse to watch this movie, despite the fact that I'm a huge DC comics fan.

You know what I find funny is you're not only missing out on one of the best Superhero movies since Iron Man (or arguably Captain America: Winter Soldier), but you're also missing out on the best (and most loyal to the comics) Batman to date. Also note worthy is he's also the most realistic.
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySat Apr 02 2016, 09:40

Oh, I'm not missing out on anything. I don't really care about Marvel, I'm a DC fan. The greatest Batman movie was already made in 1989 (plus the sequel in 1992) by Tim Burton and I've seen that a thousand times. That movie's atmosphere really had a comic book feeling.
No, I don't care about Nolan's Batman. Exactly because of what you've mentioned: too realistic.
Back to top Go down
R. Hoffman [5th RB]
Generally Discharged.

R. Hoffman [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySun Apr 03 2016, 02:07

I knew you'd ding me on the "realism" part.  I should have emphasized.  He's the most realistic in terms of his mental stability.  Bruce Wayne/Batman in Dawn of Justice, really does seem like someone who has had friends die due to Superman, watched his parents murdered right before his eyes, and lost personal friends due to crime in his home city for 20 years.  

You're also going to judge a movie by an actors appearance...?  I agree Tim Burton's Batman movies are iconic and are irreplaceable, nobody is saying it's being replaced or anything of the sort.  I'm just saying this is a really really good Batman/super hero movie and it's simply because of your arrogance you're missing out.  But at the same time, I don't think you should watch it, not with such pessimistic opinions; it's a hard movie to love because there are some idiosyncrasies everyone has legitimately developed and even I've got some.

Do you read DC comics/comics in general?
Back to top Go down
Esek [5th RB]

Esek [5th RB]

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) EmptySun Apr 03 2016, 10:56

I don't like Ben Affleck, period. I've read that he was really good in this movie, but I can't help it, I don't like his face to watch. That's it.
No off topic here anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)   What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please) Empty

Back to top Go down

What movie did you watch recently? (NO spoilers, please)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next